"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace." 1 Peter 4:10
The purpose of Parent Connect is to partner with Seven Rivers Christian School to promote family involvement, service, unity, and the building of community.
Membership and Structure
All parents, grandparents, and guardians of students enrolled in SRCS are members of Parent Connect.
Parent Connect functions through an SRCS staff member (Parent Connect Liaison), School Level Coordinators, and Room Parents. A description of these roles follows.
Parent Connect Liaison
The school leadership team will appoint an employee to be the liaison between Parent Connect Coordinators and the Leadership Team. The current liaison is Kaylee Nelson, Upper School Assistant Principal. She can be reached at [email protected].
Parent Connect Liaison responsibilities:
• Present School Level Coordinator position nominees to the Leadership Team for approval.
• Plan and review the events on the school's calendar for the upcoming year with the School Level Coordinators.
• Conduct meetings with the School Level Coordinators throughout the year. Record and submit meeting minutes to the SRCS School Board.
• Oversee the Parent Connect budget account, and keep Parent Connect information updated on the website.
• Assist School Level Coordinators with effective parent communication methods.
School Level Coordinators
The SRCS Leadership Team approves School Level Coordinator positions. These positions should be held by members in good standing at Seven Rivers Church. Parents interested in being a School Level Coordinator should contact the Parent Connect Liaison.
The Upper School Coordinator communicates with grades 7-12 concerning event details.
The Lower School Coordinator communicates event needs with Room Parents from grades K-6.
The Preschool Coordinator communicates event needs with Preschool Room Parents.
Room Parents are volunteers identified by each classroom teacher. Room Parents communicate with their individual class to mobilize parent volunteers, respond to the needs of upcoming events, and report to their School Level Coordinator. Parents interested in becoming a Room Parent are encouraged to speak with their child's teacher.
Special Note: Florida Law requires that any adult working with students have a Level II background check.